General Civil Engineering Interview Questions
The job interview is one of the most important components of your job search. A successful interview is instrumental in securing a position. The interview is an opportunity for the employer to evaluate the match between your qualifications and goals and the employer’s needs. It is also your best opportunity to evaluate the employer and the position. In order to present yourself and your qualifications effectively, careful and thorough planning is required prior to each interview. The article provides a list of Commonly asked Civil Engineering Interview or General Questions.
List of General Civil Engineering Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. What are your plans for the future?
5. Why should I hire you?
6. Why did you choose this major?
7. Why did you decide to attend school at “YOUR COLLEGE”?
8. What courses did you like the most? The least? Why?
9. Tell me about your grades. Do you feel you have done the best work for which you are capable?
10. Describe your study habits.
11. How did you finance your education?
12. Do you feel you received a good general education?
13. How has your education prepared you for your career?
14. What extra-curricular activities are you involved in? What have you gained from these experiences?
15. Do you have plans for furthering your education?
16. If you could start college over, what would you do differently?
17. How would you describe your ideal job?
18. Why did you choose this career field?
19. What type of position are you looking for?
20. What kind of work interests you the most?
21. Tell me about the most satisfying job you ever held. The least satisfying.
22. Have you had any work experience related to this position?
23. What are your ideas on salary?
24. How much money do you hope to earn five years from now?
25. What personal characteristics are necessary for success in your field?
26. Describe a situation in which you were successful.
27. How would your best friend describe you? Professor?
28. What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
29. Describe a problem you have had and how you dealt with it.
30. What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
31. What kind of people do you enjoy working with?
32. What types of people rub you the wrong way?
33. What frustrates you or makes you angry?
34. Are you a leader or a follower?
35. How do you spend your spare time? What are your hobbies?
36. Describe for me your most rewarding accomplishment.
37. What have you learned from your mistakes?
38. What kind of boss do you prefer?
39. Are you a team player?
40. Describe your supervisory experience.
41. What do you know about our organization?
42. Why do you want to work for our organization?
43. Do you prefer large or small organizations? Why?
44. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our organization?
45. How long would you expect to work here?
46. Are you willing to work overtime? Travel? Relocate?
47. Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our organization is located?
48. When could you start work?
49. Is there anything else I should know about you?
50. Do you have any questions?
- PREPARING FOR THE JOB INTERVIEW – St. Mary’s University