59) What is the name of the apparatus used to perform the shear box test?
- a) Bishop’s pore pressure apparatus
- b) Shear-box apparatus
- c) Triaxial shear test apparatus
- d) None of the mentioned
Komal Bhandakkar Answered question
Answer: b) Shear-box apparatus
- The most commonly used apparatus, especially for the direct shear test, is the shear-box test.
- Determination of the shear strength of soil materials is the ultimate goal of the direct shear test.
- The maximum resistance that a material can withstand whenever it is subjected to shearing is the shear strength.
Komal Bhandakkar Edited answer