54) Critical shear stress causing failure of material depending on which of the following factors?
- a) Intermediate principal stress
- b) Properties of the material and normal stress on the plane
- c) None of the mentioned
- d) All of the mentioned
Komal Bhandakkar Answered question January 5, 2021
Answer: b) Properties of the material and normal stress on the plane
As per Mohr’s strength theory, the critical shear stress causing failure depending on:
• The properties of the materials
• The normal stress on the failure plane.
Komal Bhandakkar Edited answer January 5, 2021