70) The total weight of soil sample means basically what?
- a) W (void)
- b) W (air) + W (dry soil sample)
- c) W (air) + W (water)
- d) W (water) + W (dry soil sample)
Komal Bhandakkar Answered question January 5, 2021
Answer: d) W (water) + W(dry soil sample)
- The soil sample’s total weight is simply adding the weight of voids (i.e., Wv) & the weight of soil solids. (Wd)
- The addition of the weight of air & weight of water is the weight of total voids.
- Actually, voids’ total weight is equal to the weight of water since the weight of air is considered negligible.
- The sum of the weight of water & the weight of the dry soil sample is the wet soil sample’s total weight.
Komal Bhandakkar Edited answer January 5, 2021