Answer: D) Alluvial Soil
- When the soil is transported via water, then that type of soil is called Alluvial Soil.
- Alluvial soil is mostly available soil, especially in India, nearly 43%, covering 143 sq. km.
- The Alluvial soils are soils deposited by surface water only.
- We will find them along rivers, in floodplains & deltas (like the Mississippi Delta), stream terraces, & areas called alluvial fans.
- This last category results from larger floods, causing the soil to spread out in a triangle fan’s shape.